Timeout on long running Batch Destination?

Nov 22, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Has anyone else run into "Timeout Expired" being returned from Batch Destination. I have a 15million row merge that I am doing. The connections all have command timeout 0 and there doesn't appear to be anywhere else to set it.

Possibly due to the issue where the work is being done in the post execute stage maybe this is causing this also?

Nov 23, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I've fixed this in the code along with a few other bugs (time datatype, not deleting the table etc).

I've also added a way of allowing the component to run the command in batches as well as just once at the end.

I've also added validation of the sql.

Is there a way I can submit my code to be reviewed and included in the next version?

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2010 at 12:53 AM
Edited Nov 25, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Yes, you can upload a patch to Codeplex on the source code page. Not sure what source control system you are using, but the steps are a little different for each. Alternatively, you can just upload a zip of the modified files, and I'll incorporate them into the next release.

Thanks for the work in addressing these issues - it's appreciated.

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:28 AM

No worries john, I will upload however I think that moving the actual work into the earlier event has made it more transaction sensitive (all of a sudden loads of previously working data flows started returning transaction consistency errors).

Haven't had time to investigate - just had to turn off transactions but will look into it further hopefully soon and then upload when I'm sure it all works properly.